Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mouth pieces
Chitown.. Have you tried the new one yet??
rseligas i havnt tried it yet , i have been very busy , doing work around the house , ive had little time for pratice just a couple of klimakes here and there buy the end of next week , i will be back praticing . and i will post on the custom B46 mouth piece
hello tseligas and forum , after a a month i tried the custom mouthpiece from jim boudis in australia he custom makes them for a famous tuskish claruinet player mustafa kandrirali(?) the name might be missed spelled . it performs similar to the 5jb maybe a little easier to blow for a beginer it would be perfect , the only thing i can say if you are a begginer and you are wondering what kind of mouth piece to buy and you dont know what direction to go , instead of buying 3 and 4 mouthpieces and confusing youre self this is one because all students that are learning for the first time this mouth piece takes all the gueess work out , and after you become a seasoned player and you know if yourre like playing in the high register vsus the low or vice versa, you can move on to a mouth piece of youre choice
tseligas ,is that web cam still availble ,
i have been playing with a vandoren 5jb for 8 years i was trying to find a good one before and went to greece in 2005 when a teacher let me use the vandoren 5jb i bought it right away but its your own prefrence to find one that suits you i have glotin chedville mouth piece that im looking to sell
chitowngreek Wrote:tseligas ,is that web cam still availble ,

Yes it is. PM me address to send!
sofosg Wrote:i have been playing with a vandoren 5jb for 8 years i was trying to find a good one before and went to greece in 2005 when a teacher let me use the vandoren 5jb i bought it right away but its your own prefrence to find one that suits you i have glotin chedville mouth piece that im looking to sell

I haven't tried 5JB. I always played with the B45.

Anyone played with both and can you tell a difference? Sofos, what reeds are you using?

Chitown, I am looking forward to a video review of the mouthpiece!!
i use the rico royal reeds i find them good tried vandoren didnt like them as much
hello forum the only thing i can tell you is,, that it is simaliar to selmer H++, the b 46 and the 5jb , the only good thing is that when you are a begginer it takes the guess work out of what kind of a mouth piece do i need to play greek or turkish nusic , that way you can concentrate on playing instaed of woring if you have the right mouthpiece > there is a mouthpiece for sale on ebay that has been refinsihed for greek music take a look at it
Chitown, Well..this was an eyeopener....
I found this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Woodwind...4acd7dcf5b

And it is pretty clear what he did. He grinded off the opening by a few degrees.... I will try it. I want to say looks easy but it probably has a lot of "touch " to it.
Got couple of old mouthpieces that I can Valdalize and see how it works out! :-)