Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song requests
I don't know if these fall outside of the realm of "traditional" I have spent about 2 yrs trying to work on learning Greek music, but some of the "folk/demotika" music books that I have from Greece aren't exactly what I was looking to reproduce/learn. Tracking down our panegyri favorites is what I have been after.

I absolutely love this album I have of Giorgos Dimitopoulos & Agathi

Starts out very slow and dramatic with:

Na s'agapw hvta 'thela
then goes right into
Glyka Glyka

Opa - Opa is another easy favorite on this CD that would be fun to know.
kleonai!!!! oh I love Agathi. They make such a nice couple with Dimitropoulos!!!! I have....I think I have 3 cd's of them.

tseliga! Please honor the request!! It would be nice if you could make them in a mix...So that we can play them together. I would like to entertain my friends like that... you know play many songs in a row.

Cheers!

e
Guys,

mmmm..this goes out of the traditional ones and into the ....how should I put it... modern traditional style??

Nevertheless I do like playing this style of music too and Efi Thodi is one of my favorites. (I think we all agree to ignore the latest part in her career)

So .... I think I got like 3 albums of Agathi and Dimitropoulos... and I do remember playing over their music....What I don't remember is if Dimitropoulos is using a LA (or A) clarinet.
If he does then I need to figure out what to do.
1) Either I will have to record it for LA clarinet (that means that we won't be able to use the Bb lower scale)
2) or I could try to change the pitch of the actual song.... Never did that before...Anybody tried that?

Well I will check the key they are in tonight and I will get back to you tomorrow.
If you have a youtube link I can check let me know. You can also email me the Mp3.
Ok, So back again on this one. It's the 1st of my list.

Regarding my last comment I did find a way to transpose the pitch so it will be easier for Bb clarinet!
I did it on the last song and it worked out great. I may have to go back and fix the other songs!!!

Cheers!
Σας ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ για το Summer Mix!!! Tέλεια!!!
ΚΑΛΟ ΤΑΞΙΔΙ!!

ΘΑ ΤΑ ΠΟΥΜΕ μετα
Ευχαρίστησή μου Κλεοναί!,

Ανέβασε και κανα βίντεο να ακούσουμε το παίξιμό σου!
δυο πολυ ωραια τραγουδια ειναι το κυρ αναγνωσταινα και το εκει ψηλα που πας στη φτερη. και ενα ραιο ηπειρωτικο η παπαρουνα .....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Song Request - Ο δυόσμος κι ο βασιλικός Archiespm 4 10,186 April 28th, 2017, 08:48
Last Post: suntown
  Song Request Archiespm 6 12,209 May 18th, 2016, 05:31
Last Post: skaros
  Song Request - Πώς το τρίβουν το πιπέρι Archiespm 3 7,727 November 16th, 2015, 10:51
  Song Request - ΠΕΡΑ ΣΤΟΝ ΠΕΡΑ ΜΑΧΑΛΑ Archiespm 5 10,547 November 9th, 2015, 14:04
  Song Request - Patera Mas Megaloses. Archiespm 7 12,791 October 14th, 2015, 16:28
Last Post: Archiespm
  song notes sofosg 5 10,743 March 19th, 2014, 07:51
Last Post: sofosg
  Νext Song request - Επόμενη παραγγελιά tseligas 40 62,244 October 2nd, 2013, 21:48
Last Post: Ramadan
  Accepting requests for new video lesson!!!! tseligas 17 29,957 April 18th, 2013, 11:01
Last Post: tseligas
  2 nisiotika requests Vlaxopoula 12 22,152 March 6th, 2013, 21:13
  Song Requests for Sheet music tseligas 33 64,832 February 26th, 2013, 21:40