Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first clarinet!
tseligas Wrote:http://www.clarinetcloset.com/clarinet-f...chart.html

When the dot is black means cover the key right? Tongue
yes you are right , black hole means closed ramadan , how is the sound quality with the buffet/
chitowngreek Wrote:yes you are right , black hole means closed ramadan , how is the sound quality with the buffet/

Cheers! I'm getting the hang of it now. After watching Kimon's video on Gianni mou to mantili sou I can finally make the right clarinet sound. I know parts of this song. Slowly slowly I'll learn it. Sound quality is great. I can now make Albanian sounds lol. Tomorrow I have free time to practice more!
Ramadan check and the excercises Cool

Results come up with excersices in all musical instruments.Of course you should practise songs but your number one priority must me the excersices!

Keep practising!Big Grin
Greg Wrote:Ramadan check and the excercises Cool

Results come up with excersices in all musical instruments.Of course you should practise songs but your number one priority must me the excersices!

Keep practising!Big Grin

Thank you! I shall continue. I ordered a few days ago 2.0 and 1.5 Vandoren reeds. The reed that was with the clarinet was horrible quality. It chipped a bit.
Good choice!Test different reeds to find your sound!

Do you know the tip opening of your mouthpiece?
Greg Wrote:Good choice!Test different reeds to find your sound!

Do you know the tip opening of your mouthpiece?

Sure will. Greg you do mean where you put the reed on? Sure I guess, but I don't have the best knowledge when it comes to the pieces of the clarinet. ROFL
I mean to try different brands of reeds such as vandoren,rico,riggoti etc..

But first of all you need to know the tip opening of your mouthpiece to choose reed number!
Is the reed suppose to be shorter where you put the reed in that opening tip? Or does it suppose to fill it right to the bottom of the mouthpiece area?
What do you mean exactly??:confused:

If you see Tseligas's beginners course videos he shows exactly how to put the reed on.

The tip opening of the mouthpiece is the distance between the reed and the mouthpiece at the top of it.If the mouthpiece is closed you should use harder reeds,if it is open you should use softer reeds.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Which Clarinet is suitable for Epirotic songs and style? argos 4 9,934 May 21st, 2019, 09:58
Last Post: skaros
  Clarinet pickup -- which Amplifier? Klarino123 3 9,457 June 26th, 2014, 21:14
Last Post: chitowngreek
  What is your favorite clarinet sound? Post a video!!!!! tseligas 21 37,603 June 5th, 2014, 11:34
Last Post: skaros
  Where can I buy Clarinet products in Greece tseligas 2 7,786 April 21st, 2014, 13:52
Last Post: tseligas
  What are the top songs to know in Clarinet tseligas 2 7,311 April 21st, 2014, 13:52
  What is the right clarinet for Greek music? tseligas 6 20,811 April 19th, 2014, 16:16
  Educational Question about clarinet Pitch & Tuner zwniana 12 22,230 January 29th, 2014, 22:33
  Mouthpiece C Clarinet zwniana 2 6,846 January 20th, 2014, 15:55
  My clarinet...does NOT work!!! leventis 12 22,121 January 20th, 2014, 15:40
  Buying my first clarinet Ramadan 26 44,028 July 3rd, 2013, 21:56