Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet
also check out this web site http://www.MusicMedic.com ive bought pads from here before they ship fast .
tseligas im trying to post on the antisqueak thread , cant get in ,,start it with a comment so that i can add to it .
chitowngreek Wrote:tseligas im trying to post on the antisqueak thread , cant get in ,,start it with a comment so that i can add to it .

That's weird. I think everyone is allowed to start a new thread. I started one for you. I can change the title to whatever you want.
tseligas ,i started a new thread also ,just this one wouldnt take a comment but uit works now also give us a update on the clarinet refurbishing
The refurbishing has fallen behind shedule cause I travelled to San Francisco last week and then was taxes time Sad...

So today I am just catching up. I am uploading Kinigos (Give it another hour or so) and then I have also finished the sheet music for Saleas Wheeping eyes.
That will come tomorrow.

I plan to buff the keys next. Stay tuned!
what ever you do dont rush it , better late than never
I am just finishing with buffing the metalwork. It looks nice and shiny but my hands are dark..haha!! Details comming up!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67[/ATTACH]
Ok this took longer than expected as I don't want to mess it up.
End result as you can see is almost a mirror finish. In fact I am so excited that this works that I want to budd everything around me! ROFL

By the way the one on the right is finished. The duller ones haven't gone through the final step.

Lessons learned are : have a class of water and napkins and clean the smut before it builds up. Apply diamond paste of 1 micrometer often. You can see the dremel tool I am using and the buffing pads.

I think the whole buffing process should take less than 2 hours on total now that I know what am I doing.
I am thinking to buff the wood with something also.

Any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

About buffing the wood ,i never heard of that
how are we making out with the clarinet project ?