Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Greek Sound
You could probably write several articles.

I have played a variety of music as I participated in concert band, pit orchestra, clarinet choir, marching band, and jazz band (on the tenor sax). Classical, pop, show tunes, jazz, funk, big band, blues ... My favorites are the big band, swing, and funk. They are quick paced, upbeat, and I find them very expressive and interesting to listen to and of course play!

Yes I am on the Boehm clarinet. I know the fingerings are slightly different as the spacings of the holes are somewhat modified. It really gives that much of a different sound? You can also get different sounds depending on what mouthpiece you have as they greatly affect the way the air comes into the instrument and what sort of vibration you get on your reed. I must admit I have yet to fall in love with a mouthpiece. Sad, I know. And that brings you to another point. The reed. Now I use a 3.5 as it gives you much more control and crispness over the range.

I have noticed a lot of different "sounds" and it is quite frustrating to not hear the true instrument. Is this a current fad to use the electronics? I find it is much more expressive and interesting without all the electronics.

I must admit that I am currently listening to a mix of classic big band tunes. Maybe a playlist for the car would help.

Thank you for the response tseligas! Can't wait for more tips and tricks on the sound!

Messages In This Thread
Greek Sound - by bhanner - January 12th, 2012, 22:50
Greek Sound - by tseligas - January 15th, 2012, 21:20
Greek Sound - by bhanner - January 15th, 2012, 21:57
Greek Sound - by tseligas - January 19th, 2012, 22:40
Greek Sound - by tseligas - January 19th, 2012, 22:52

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! My Bb and A sound hissy evaki 24 41,283 April 19th, 2013, 20:37
Last Post: chitowngreek