Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problimata me to B45
the tip opening is acceptable, the 5 jb is 147 ,has anybody tried the profile 88 yet
Nope!! I just made a 3D printed B45... I will give it a go tomorrow...see how it goes...If it works then I can experiment more easily with opening and settings...Pics coming tomorrow!!
tseligas i hope you come up with the perfect mouthpiece, all great things are discovered by accident>>
I have the the 5 JB profile 88 and really like it. I haven't played a 45 but i have played the 45 Lyre. The 5JB allows you to bend notes easily. Still finalizing reed strengths.

having said this, i just came from a Boem classical music setup with a closed tip and #3.5 reed strength.

Is the B45 worth it?
i think the 5jb is better for greek ,albania , turkish music , now if you are doing some clasical the 5 jb would not be recommended
I agree 5Jb is the most appropriate for our music. And there are other mouthpieces with a larger opening. Someone posted a comparison chart in the forum .. I will try to find it!
I have the B45 lyre wich has bigger tip opening than the standard B45 and it is half way between B45 and 5JB.I really like it!
I will meet Bournias on Thursday and I will try out some of his mouthpieces! After that I will report his recommendations and my impressions. Most likely I will get something with a bigger opening!
tseligas when you see bournias ,look at his mouthpiece and ask him what size opening does he recommends , also ask him if he has modified the mouthpiece in anyway ?