Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D Printed Barrel
Idea!Idea!Idea!Dear all,

I am very excited to present you my new barrel made with a high tec 3D printer.
The resolution is amazing .. 25 μm accuracy...Check out my design.. Cool

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]90[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The material is a hard polymer so it can really take a beating. I have been playing routinely with the unlabeled green barrel with my Bb Kohlert.
I didn't want to drill the original barrel to put in the mic so I printed one 3D barrel.

The design is all by myself and I do it in Solidworks. This method is highly flexible and you can do whatever you like design wise.
See also the picture of the taller barrel which I made for my Amati Sib. I printed some cool letters on it also! Cool

Can't really tell a difference in the sound!! Looking forward to your comments!!!
bravo agori... how can we get one made/ordered for C clarinet?
Hi Zwniana.

I just need some dimensions of your C barrel. (every clarinet is different) So no two C barrels may be the same between different brands.
So if you don't have meausuring tools..mail me the C barrel so I can measure it and duplicate it.

You can also make a design on paper or write something on it and I can send you an image to approve the final design before making it.

Color is going to be a dark green as you see in the picture but you can do whatever you want on it to finish it. (sand it..paint)

Also another benefit here is that we can change the dimensions as we please. (Say your clairinet is a bit high ----we make a longer barrel or the opposite)

Pricing will be ~$50,+$10 with a custom design and shipping.

Let's Create something!!!Idea!Idea!Idea!

Also I can make the hole for the pickup...I would need the connector to get it a good fit because that is more sensitive.
Cheers for the good works, mate! I’m curious, what 3D printing material did you use for your 3D printed barrel? I know ABS and PLA are the most common in the market. Actually, we have spools of ABS wooden brown, looks like this http://www.3d2print.net/shop/product/abs...wn-1-75mm/. We’ll be using that for 3D printing a miniature and vases for my wife. And we’ll try to mimic your barrels, too. Do you have any .STL file for this model?
Hi Kendrick,

The 3D process I use is completely different. It is a photo-curable polymer that can give this excellent accuracy.
I will send you the SLA I used but most likely it won't fit exactly your clarinet. So prepare for some sanding unless you know to operate some 3D modelling software.
Material is HTM140 if you want to look up more.
very good tseligas , as time goes on you should set youre sights on making a whole clarinet ,(transplant the keys from a broken one ) i know it would take a lot of time , little by little in youre spare time ,
Haha !!! Good idea Chitown!!!
You made me curious and I went online.. Look what I found:

the other day they sent up to the space station a 3 d printer to make spare parts for the space station , future tech amazing

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom Barrel evaki 15 23,802 December 21st, 2014, 19:55
Last Post: tseligas
  The power barrel Vlaxopoula 3 9,110 March 21st, 2013, 18:37
Last Post: tseligas