Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying my first clarinet
Hello everybody. Wink For quite a bit now, I've been interested to learn the clarinet. Throughout my childhood I've listened to a lot of traditional music and even met some Albanian clarinet players. I'm not sure where to buy my first clarinet. Maybe ebay? I'm thinking of buying an Albert system Bb. I would like to have some opinions especially from you guys considering you're the experts here Smile

Cheers,
Ramadan.
ramadan if you can try to but one from a clarinet player that he can play and you can hear him play it because if you buy one blind you will think its the clarinets fault and not you , if you cant play it .
my first clarinet and i paid for it not cheap , the person that sold it to me i had him play 6 songs so i knew that when i got it home if the notes dont come out its my fault not the clarinet >>
Or you can buy one used from ebay in a good condition and take it to a tech for complete service and repadding and full overhaul.This needs a lot of money but you can find very good auctions for albert clarinets on ebay,more in the ebay.de!
chitowngreek Wrote:ramadan if you can try to but one from a clarinet player that he can play and you can hear him play it because if you buy one blind you will think its the clarinets fault and not you , if you cant play it .
my first clarinet and i paid for it not cheap , the person that sold it to me i had him play 6 songs so i knew that when i got it home if the notes dont come out its my fault not the clarinet >>

Thanks for the advice Chitowngreek. I've tried to look at Australian instrument online stores and they do not have Albert clarinets. It's a really good idea to hear the person play it before I buy it yes... not sure how's that going to happen by buying it via ebay. I'm not sure what I'll do.

Greg Wrote:Or you can buy one used from ebay in a good condition and take it to a tech for complete service and repadding and full overhaul.This needs a lot of money but you can find very good auctions for albert clarinets on ebay,more in the ebay.de!

I've looked at ebay.com Greg and saw a clarinet but I wasn't sure on it because I do not have much knowledge which clarinet is the best for Albanian folk playing, if it's Bb etc. I was looking at this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bb-Clarinet-Albe...2a20b3f843
This is a new no name clarinet and as you can see maybe is from pakistan or something.In my opinion you should avoid this kind of instruments cause their quality is very doubtful.
Greg Wrote:This is a new no name clarinet and as you can see maybe is from pakistan or something.In my opinion you should avoid this kind of instruments cause their quality is very doubtful.

Okay, I've tried to look at ebay.de nothing comes up when I type in English, do you know how to speak German Greg? Tongue If anybody has any time to help me search it would be much appreciated. You don't have to if you're busy. Smile
At ebay.de type: klarinette deutsches system

Have a look!
Greg Wrote:At ebay.de type: klarinette deutsches system

Have a look!

Thank you! Will do. Smile
Ramadan,

Take a quick read here:
http://www.klarinogreek.com/content/en/B...arinet.php

Ebay search for Albert clarinet:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=alb...b&_sacat=0

Also you are looking for an Albert / German System clarinet Bb HP.
I explain HP in the article that I sent you!

Also how much money do you have available? That will help you narrow down your choices!

Greg,

I had never checked the German website!! Good idea!
This guy is in australia but you are looking at 1000$ range.
http://www.hammerschmidt-klingson.com/?page_id=21

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Which Clarinet is suitable for Epirotic songs and style? argos 4 9,923 May 21st, 2019, 09:58
Last Post: skaros
  Clarinet pickup -- which Amplifier? Klarino123 3 9,455 June 26th, 2014, 21:14
Last Post: chitowngreek
  What is your favorite clarinet sound? Post a video!!!!! tseligas 21 37,601 June 5th, 2014, 11:34
Last Post: skaros
  Where can I buy Clarinet products in Greece tseligas 2 7,785 April 21st, 2014, 13:52
Last Post: tseligas
  What are the top songs to know in Clarinet tseligas 2 7,308 April 21st, 2014, 13:52
  What is the right clarinet for Greek music? tseligas 6 20,807 April 19th, 2014, 16:16
  Educational Question about clarinet Pitch & Tuner zwniana 12 22,229 January 29th, 2014, 22:33
  Mouthpiece C Clarinet zwniana 2 6,844 January 20th, 2014, 15:55
  My clarinet...does NOT work!!! leventis 12 22,117 January 20th, 2014, 15:40
  My first clarinet! Ramadan 33 56,727 October 21st, 2013, 14:51
Last Post: Ramadan