Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anti squeak
tseligas, an theli kanenas kai h timi einai logiki , sell them or better yet ,,rent them out to people that want to try to learn if they like it then they could go out and by one .
to all members, as you get better at playing try to seek out musicians (to pratice with)that are one step of a head of you ,that the only way you will keep moving forward ,if you hang around with musicians that are or have less experince that you you will get stuck and or move backwards, also as you play and pratice you might reach certain level and be stuck there for 2- 3 months before you break out and move up . dont despair , if you have the will you will prevail
to all members , i had my clarinet service,new pads ,the clarinet would squeak , so i lightly sprayed some water one it ,the squeakiong stopped, now going from si to do in the second register something did not feel right ,for months it did not feel right , i tried to blow the clarinet softly the reed would not vibrate correctly ,i have seen other players play soft ,to me it mimicked an air leak ,did the tissue test both pads closed (diplo do)tissue would not pull out,, yesterday (because ive seen it on e bay rope light leak tester ) i took my clarinet apart shut the lights off and closed the diplo do key shined the light in the clarinet body low and behold the 2 pads that were tight and would not let the tissue pullout ,,one had light shining out of it the pad was leaking about 10 percent ,with the naked eye it appeared to be sealing correctly ,so these rope light leak detecters do work , so when i would wet the pad it would swell and then close properly . lesson learned some times it is not you,, its the clarinet that is at fault
Interesting info Chitown! Did you fix the issue yet? If not can you blow on the lower body by covering all holes with your fingers and see if you detect the leak?
Πριν απο λίγο καιρό είχα κι εγώ ένα παρόμοιο θέμα.Μου μπούκωνε η μεσαία ΣΙ λίγο κάποιες φορές.Είχα κάνει και το τεστ να κλείσω όλες τις τρύπες και να φυσήξω και όλες φαίνονταν οκ σε αυτήν την περίπτωση.Μέχρι που πήρα την απόφαση να αλλάξω μόνος μου την κάτω αριστερή τάπα όπως βλέπεται και στη φωτό.Τελικά αφού άλλαξα την τάπα,σωστά ευτυχώς,τότε κατάλαβα πως αυτό που έφταιγε ήταν μία...βίδα.Η βίδα του κάτω αριστερού κλειδιού είχε ξεβιδωθεί λίγο με αποτέλεσμα να χρειάζεται να ασκηθεί αρκετή πίεση στο κλειδί έτσι ώστε να κλείσει καλά η τρύπα.Την έσφιξα και όλα καλά.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Σωστός!!! Βλέπω έχεις ανοίξει κανονικό εργαστήριο... Αυτή είναι κόλλα στα αριστερά; ή κερί;
tseligas , when i did the leak test by blowing i would push the key down with more peressure that when youre playing it would seal, when you would apply light pressure the one pad upper would seal but the bottom one wouldnt , if you ever order a clarinet always get a mono , and now that i think about it because i have a doplo do and i cut the bridge off to make it a mono thats where the problem comes in , not that it can not be fixed but iot has to more precise in leveling out the 2 pads to close at the same time . look at how a doplo do works you have two keys pushing on the one pad
Κόλλα είναι Κίμωνα!!!
chitowngreek Wrote:tseligas , when i did the leak test by blowing i would push the key down with more peressure that when youre playing it would seal, when you would apply light pressure the one pad upper would seal but the bottom one wouldnt , if you ever order a clarinet always get a mono , and now that i think about it because i have a doplo do and i cut the bridge off to make it a mono thats where the problem comes in , not that it can not be fixed but iot has to more precise in leveling out the 2 pads to close at the same time . look at how a doplo do works you have two keys pushing on the one pad

So you think that's the reason why the old guys prefer Mono DO?

And maybe any comments on why the DIPLO DO is better?
I've been getting a few squeaks with my new reed lol.