Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duets
Hello tseligas,

I play clarinet with a friend, are there any pieces out there with multiple parts?

Thank you!
bhanner
Dear bhanner,

You are talking about dueling clarinets I suppose.
hmmm...challenging question. I will definitely look into this.

The majority of the Greek songs have a single clarinet....I am sure I have heard some pieces with two though. That will be challenging to transcribe but sounds fun!

I will keep my eyes open and will get back to you on this!
No not necessarily dueling. Just two playing together. The one youtube video posted on the other thread had two clarinetist playing together with a vocalist also. But even if there are songs with a clarinet and vocals, the vocals could be played by one clarinet.

Thank you tseligas
In the video posted elsewhere (http://klarinogreek.com/forum/showthread...romerou%29) you have a duel! The son of Kostas Aristopoulos is accompanying him, but he doe not play different tones.
tseligas , from when i was taking lessons , when we would do a song with the teacher , simple songs , i would play from re scale and he would play i belive from a sol scale ??at the same time , 5 fones epano ? can you verify this ???
Where you doing it for all the songs? I am sure it is doable as you are talking harmonics now.
But not for all the songs. The notes have to be in the scale otherwise it may sound wrong. You can tell.

Give me an example and I will try to figure out what he was doing exactly. Who was your teacher?
tseligas i dont remeber exactly , but when you harmonics , that does not not mean the cords ?
here you go 2 clarinets playing are they both playing lead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Jm5FiQF...re=related[/video]
the camera pans back and forth,doesnt show them for any length of time , will keep looking