Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Giannis Vasilopoulos
Με μεγάλη χαρά παρουσιάζουμε το αφιέρωμα του KlarinoGreek στον Γιάννη Βασιλόπουλο με τη συνεργασία της οικογένειάς του κ ιδιαίτερα του Θανάση Βασιλόπουλο.

Διαβάστε κ το άρθρο εδώ: 
http://www.klarinogreek.com/wpremix2/?p=2507

-------------------------
Check out Gianni Vasilopoulo in a great Byzantine solo.
This solo has a lot of influences from Byzantine church music. If you are familiar with the hymns of the church this will sound like second nature.:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9DObkbpBqg[/video]

I recommend Practicing over this song over and over. Keep in mind that he doesn't play with a Bb so don't watch his fingers cause you may get confused!!

It is a slow song and let's see if you can figure out the scale he is on.:confused:
And here is the "itia" by him:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8khtVhsBYo[/video]

This will be one of the upcoming lessons.
let me take a guess, b flat clarinet , scale of si, (that would be the la with the piano ) if hes using a la clarinet playing the scale of do. ) also look at the video and stop at the 5:40 mark he has cut the bridge and made the diplo ,,a mono , ala chicago style . but dont tell us yet , lets see if sone else takes a guess,
I think it is a LA.

And I request a lesson....what a tone!!! more videos like this please!!!!
tseligas check out vassilopoulos video at the 5 :40 mark do you see the bridge cut
Help me out Chitown.. What do you mean by the bridge.. I can clearly see that the Do# button is trimmed. Is that what you call the bridge?

Now I get what you where talking about! Great idea. Actually mine bothers me and I am thinking of trimming it down. The thing is that my keys are brass so I may need to replate it after I grind it.

You say yours are the same color? I am curious.. Shouldnt be Nickel, that would be expensive. Maybe Tin? or some other alloy?

It causes me squeaks when I play fast high register!! Good call!!!!Smile
on a mono clarino you dont have that little bar that lifts when you close the mi button (leveron a diplo do whenyou have the three holes close and you push the mi lever it lifts and closes the fa with the bar gone when you push the fa both come down toghether and up at the same time , take a close look. also instead of cutting it you might be able to bend it so that if you do sell.. it the person that buys it might want the bridge intact. alot of times it snaps , on one i took the key off and a heated it up and it slid off .
Ok, I think I get it now.

Chitown you got it. Here is what I get in this song. Here is the scale he plays in the piano.
la si do re mi fa sol la

In a Bb clarinet the notes are:
si do# re mi fa# sol la si

So it is easier for us to transpose it and play it on the la scale on a Bb clarinet. (so confusing these scales). FYI, i can transpose any video you like to any pitch.

Chitown are you familiar with chords?

Honestly I think studying this piece is making me a better player!!!
i dont know anything about cords ,only that the guitar plays them ,thats why you see some clarinet players go to a panigiri with a b flat , do , and la clarino , the learn the song from one scale and instead of changing scales to accomodate the singer they change clarinets .
Yes, I have seen that too!! Bflat and La!