Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Advice on Bb...
Ok, Tseligas's video helped with the embouchure!! That resonant fingering for Bb is complex..lol

Chitown you use Hot n Swing?? I think you said it somewhere but I can't find it.
i use rico plastic coated , tseligas uses hot n swing , next time i buy reeds i willl try a box of hot swing , where do they sell them in states , does anyone have a link , again out of 10 new reeds , 4 are good , 2 are playable , and 4 are worthless . when i say worthless their sound is mute ,
one tip after you get the lesson down pat and the fingering ,listen to the video (do not watch it )and play along at the same time ,this way you will not cocentrate on watching tseligas fingers , and you will sharpen youre ear because if you are on stage you will not be watching the guitar , violin player etc .
I used to use hot n swing. Half box was useless. Now I play with Vandoren!

And I had similar experience with the RIcoh as Chitown. Vandoren are so far 100% playable. I have used like 15 so far.
And pretty consistent for reeds!
Since I had a major problem with my reeds I have to say that Vandoren makes the difference, as I have written elsewhere the n.1 Hot and Swing couldn't get the right tone no matter what. With n. Hot n Swing I was ok but Vandoren is far more consistent tseliga I agree.
Έρρωσθε και ευδαιμονείτε!
as you play more ,you will educate youre self and by trial and error you will find out what works and what doesnt .