Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
backing tracks and drum machines
Tseliga that is a great idea!!Idea!! Keep them coming.. Looking forward to your complete orchestrated parts!!
That will be the gamechanger in how I practice clarinet!!!Cool
tseligas , see if you can post a couple of videos with you playing with the backing tracks , maybe a couple of 2 minute videos , so that everyone can get a feel of what we are to expect when we pratice . ( the backing tracks are very clear )
Will do!
yes tseligas , youre video on the backing tracks is a very good start ,it was very clear , also the second kalamatiano , if im not mistaken is mou parigile to aidoni , also if you notice on some of tseligas videos the clarinet will squeak , once in a while even if you are a seasoned player it just happens . so for biginers just work through it , when i first started i would activate the high register without pushing the register key ,, the first time i did it i did not know what was going on , but through time and pratice i got it down pat , and to this day i still squeak once in a while .
Good points!! Another video I plan to make is reed balancing. That can also cause squeaking.
Try blowing by squeezing only one side at a time. Compare and it should sound the same. If not you need to slightly move it left or right.

A trick to master the non squeaking is to master the squeaking. I mean understand the different ways to squeak and squeak away!
So you know what NOT to do!!

Sometimes at Epirotika I use light squeaking when I want to make the clarinet sound like a bird!! -Another Video Idea!
for the players that are staring out ,some clarinet players as tseligas stated make their clarinet squeak , if you are going up a scale or down and a note doesnt sound right(squeak) just try to blow that one note , and see what happens , a few times while i was praticing and the clarinet did not respond ,or stopped playing , ive had a broken spring , a pad that came loose .half would hang over the hole , or a pad that fell off completly, and if you have a diplo clarino make sure both pads seal at the same time . on mine one pad as a tendency to dry out more than the other ,so i put a drop of water on it and boom sealed .
tseligas after 2 years is the alexis drum machine still good or did something else came out ?? (different brand ,,model )
I actually just met a very good keyboard player a few days ago...I sent him and email with your question! He should know! I haven't heard of anything new myselfSad