Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tsamiko
Hello Tselingas! How about posting sheet music on a Tsamiko that people
can learn. It will help in technique and interpretation.

Poulaki Xeno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYwm5Kv6...re=related
Oh, you are reading my mind! I just finished the sheet music on a mix of nisiotika and I am about to post it in the next few days.

The next area I wanted to go to was Epirus so I agree. I will start working on that! Good suggestion!
Hello Tseligas!

I have posted the Epirotic Scales for those who are interested

A B C# E F# A
A C D E G A

and the following link for a classic first song to learn from Epirus - Yianni to Mandili Sou
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC2eZSIbtwM
Thanks Niaven,

That will be a nice theme for a lesson too!. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is what we call pentatonic. right?

I kind of play them by feeling but it pays to see them written! Do you have some Epirus sheet music? I am also working on "Stis Pargas ton aniforo".
Indeed Tseligas this is the Pentatonic - Minor and Major. I hope the following notation is enough to provide sheet music.

A Minor-Yianni Mou to Mantili Sou

A. CD.. DCA.. AC. DCDC AC. DCA... - REPEAT
BCDE EE GE GE GE DC BCDE DE DC. D.C. A.
BCDE EE GE GE GE DC DC DCA
*{[(A GAG EGE DED C) 3X ] D. CA G(2nD)A BACK TO} *

All G's - 2nd
Epirotika - just a reminder that this music is played slowly with a lot of expression and feeling. There is a lot of dropping
and bending of notes. The notes are simple but few can play well. Listen to Saleas and Kapsalis - my two favourites.
The link to the song that I have posted above should give you an idea of how songs are played (epirotika).
Usually, the time signature is 5/4 and played at 90 beats.
Niaven, I want to make an Epirus Mix. In the same way I did the Summer mix.
You seem very experienced,...so in your opinion what are 4-5 Epirus songs that are well known and relatively easy to play?
I already started working on "poulaki kseno " that you posted but since I am in Greece we won't see the sheet for a couple of weeks.
Hello Tseligas! I hope you are enjoying Greece this time of year.

Thanks for the summer mix you provided.

Here is a list of pan-Epirotic songs that you can choose from. In Epirus, we have songs from almost every village in every county. However, this style of music is
very distinct and immidiately noticeable. (Dropping of notes and slurring). I have included a variety of songs that should interest the novice to the experienced player.

Den Mboro Manoula (O Giatros)
Tis Pargas Ton Aniforo
Tha Sou Rixo Fola Sto Skilaki
Kontoula Lemonia
O Giannos
Kof'Tin Eleni Tin Elia
Birbilis
SKAROS - my favourite and the most difficult of the bunch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOekOIlZ5...24B6F6D710
Hi Niaven!,

Back again in US. Niaven, I imagine you are from Epirus? What's your clarinet background?

Nice list you provided. I already started working on Pargas ton Aniforo.
Hello Tseligas! I hope you had a great time in Greece. Originally, my family originated in Epirus (Mastorohoria - Mt. Grammos) and 200 years ago
migrated to Western Macedonia.

I have been playing for over 10 years and I love demotika. I favour classic Tsamika and my favourites are Ilios and Itia.
I took piano and clarinet in high school and unfortutanely learned on a Boehm and stuck with it. I do however, own two Alberts
that I also play.
I have tried to get the "sound" by playing with 1 1/2 reed and using a VanDoren 5JB. It comes very close.

I applaud your efforts in providing sheet music for clarinetists. I wish I had this resource when I was starting to play demotika on my clarinet.

I will provide you with notes for Pargas.....Aniforo. Hopefully, this will help you.
Sxalw ACDEGA

A Dc D DCAGA ADC D DCAC. GC
EGACDEG.EDC EGAC. DCAGA

Please embellish. This link gives a good rendition for a clarinet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y16N_UBky...re=related

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tsamiko sofosg 19 31,384 March 9th, 2015, 19:31
Last Post: sofosg