Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tsamiko
Thanks niaven!
Yes I wish I had it too when I was starting!

Well be prepared! I am working with a professional clarinet player in Greece and very soon I will have video lessons on the website.

The way I see it is a video that contains the following:
Song scale
Song played slow and simple
Song played with "stolidia" or "tricks" if you will
and Song played in couple different ways.

I will do that for a Bb clarinet since that is the most common but I can also do by request other pitches.

Let me know your thoughts. I might start another thread for this one to gather ideas from other people too.
Tseligas - you have a great idea! I would suggest that sheet music also be provided with the lesson and then people can follow along at their own pace.

I am providing the following modes for a greek clarinet. These are invaluable and as you can gather from my name I favour the Niavend scale.

Hitzas AA#C#DEFGA
Giourndi ABCDD#F#GA
Huzam ACC#DEF#G#A
Ousak AA#CDEFGA
Niavend ABCD#EfG#A

A suggestion - "O Haralambis" using the following scale EF#G#ABC#D#E is a great
song to practice "crossing the bridge" If you need notes please let me know.

BTW - I just finished learning "na s"agapo.... love the song.
Niaven ,

Thanks for your input, I will start putting together a section on Epirotika etc. Remind me, are you playing with a Bb clarinet?

You know, I 've been getting personal emails on how this sheet music in combination with the videos is helping people play their favorite songs.

I am really excited to hear that you finished sagapo. It would be great if you would post a video of that. I d' love to hear it!

Stay tuned!
Check this out Niaven ! since we are talking about epirotika.
An excellent TV show on Petroloukas and Epirotika.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ15g3zFe...re=related
Hello Tseligas!

I own 2 Buffet "A" (La)
I own 1 Buffet Bb
I own 1 Selmer Bb
I own 1 Albert Bb

I use a Van Doren 5JB and a Van Doren B45
I use 1 1/2 strenght reeds from Greece.

I am now playing with my Centred Tone Selmer Bb.
I merely mention these items as it will help in eliminating a lot of
research by others as to what is the best combination.

The youtube link is great and the rendition of Skaros is one that I would
highly recommend to people. If you would like notes for that song I can provide them for you.

By the way I favour Tsamika. Epirotika come in after Nisiotika and Syrta.
Great, I think a nice section in this website would be different "Klarino Setups"

Which is what you exactly mentioned right there!
I got
1 Bb Amati
1 Bb Buffet
1 B Buffet (yes just "B") that one is like brand new since nobody ever played that tune!

I use 1 1/2 Vandoren reeds
Tsamika are by faar my favorite too! I will send you a nice one I found out today..

Its Diamado from Kotrotsiou and it is one of the fast ones that you rarely find.

Regarding the notes I accept anything. I got a backlog of things I am working on with my highest priority the video lessons.
Hello Tseligas! Do; you mean Siko Diamanto- by Papasideris or this version

Dohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblEAiR0nZg you mean Siko Diama
Wow, Niaven this version sounds so original!! I ll put this one on the list of things to do.
Yes that's the song but the one from Γιούλα Κοτρώτσου is played faster.

She has a very good voice too.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbW3-R34LW4

I will upload the Siko Diamado version from her on the youtube channel cause it doesn't exist online right now.

Have a nice week!
tseligas , the video for sths pargas ton aniforo, was very good it seem like old times with a clarinet teacher that i had , also the 19.95 subscription was well worth , ,with the video you have youre teacher access 24 hours a day, also the niaven post of the alekos kitsakis version is simple enough to play along too. see if you can come up with a few tripolisiotika trogoudia also . like styliani ,kitrolemonia, o kambos eprasinise, scale of re with a bflat clarinet .
Chitown, glad you like it!

PLease post youtube links to the songs you like..or just send me the songs and I will take care of them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tsamiko sofosg 19 31,413 March 9th, 2015, 19:31
Last Post: sofosg