Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slim keys and Double Do - Λεπτά κλειδιά κ διπλό ντο
These pictures are from Chitowngreek's clarinet.

Chitown, the floor is yours to explain what we are looking at.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]65[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

a while back my clarinet would sqeak or the notes would not come out so i stood in front of the mirror and did a few scales ,low and behold i seen ,because i dont have pencil thin fingers i found the problem , so i removed the RE# key and shaved it down on both soides , then i took the DO# key and shaved the top half , then i took the LA# key and shaved both sides , and from then on i did not have any more problems . stand in front of a mirror aand do scales and see if youre fingers are resting on certain keys that you are not suppose to be activating ,also i cut the bridge to make the double DO play like a mono do . if you do that make sure both pads come down tighether ,it is very important , if you are learning and play with a diplo do and you are use to it do not cut the bridge , here in chicago my teacher WAS A BIG FAN OF THE MONO DO SO HE WOULD CUT THE BRIDGE .
Nice work! Do you have a shift of notes by cutting the bridge?
I should do that to mine also. However mine has brass plated keys. So I would have to replate them if I grinded them off.
i never played one with a bridge ,but i think it would change what the pinky fingers do ,to what extent , i have to look into it , but some people play tghem both with no problem ,others prefer a diplo over a mono