Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet
Ok, 2nd time in the fridge, a little bit of wiggling...nothing moves...more WD40, fridge again..

...........In the meantime.............:
See the picture. I started disassembling the bottom part and I got to say that the wood looks overall in good condition. I had trouble removing a few screws and some of the didn't want to move. I used WD40 to solve some arguments.

springs look rusted but functional. I am not sure yet how the springs are attached to the little heads. There may be a hole through them.

I am missing also 1 screw. Throw ideas on how I can get one.

I also had trouble numbering the little heads. It appears that each one has its own place. So as I removed them I noted down their location.
My intention was to wash them all together in a solution but I don't want to mix them...

Pads look simply disgusting.... there are some things growing on one of them. Ideas to remove them?
If I am right they used glue wax to put them together so I will try to heat them up and see if they fall off.

There are still 2 stubborn screws left on the thumb rest on the back. Almost stripped one of them. Got it WD-40'd and I will give it an hour before I attack again!

As for the stuck barrel if it won't come out tonight with the fridge+WD40 technique I will drown it!..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by tseligas - March 27th, 2013, 19:42
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by chitowngreek - September 15th, 2013, 18:43
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by tseligas - September 16th, 2013, 17:06
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by tseligas - October 27th, 2015, 14:56