Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet
Starting from the top as you can see the mouthpiece appears to have enough material to extract DNA and clone the previous player!
Who knows which Jazzist from the 30's we can revive!!
It appears chipped a bit on the crown and for sure whoever was biting it wasn't biting straight! Look at the angle of the teethmarks. Also you can see 2 separate lines of teethmarks as like he had 2 biting techniques. Any comment on that??

I am really debating whether to use this for grinding or try to revive it. I think it is made out of wood. (How do we find out??) And if yes throw out some ideas on cleaning it and resurfacing it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44[/ATTACH]

Cork appears shot... It may seal as well but it demands to be removed...
I got an exacto knife..that would do it... Any other ideas on removing cork? Maybe with some alcohol to dissolve the glue?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by tseligas - March 25th, 2013, 21:09
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by chitowngreek - September 15th, 2013, 18:43
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by tseligas - September 16th, 2013, 17:06
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by tseligas - October 27th, 2015, 14:56