Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet
Here are some pictures of the top half with the barrel. The wood doesn't appear to be cracked or swollen from moisture. It actually appears to have a nice "sealed" surface. I suspect they did a good treatment to it to start with. I guess there is always a huge debate on oil/not oil etc and we should do our due diligence and ask all the appropriate questions.

The barrel is STUCK! HAHAhahFor good!. I am listening to ideas. Here is one: Put it in a plastic sealable bag and stick it in the fridge for ~20 minutes. Then it should shrink and come out. (I know that the barrel will shrink too)....Better ideas? Some WD40 maybe..?(not good OK)
any other oil/ prying too coming to mind?

The pads are all worn out period!. Now look at some things I have discovered and I am looking fwd to your opinions:
A) Check out where the spring ends at the last picture. You can see it digs in the wood. And it is actually sticky. Shouldnt there be something hard right there so it won't damage it?
B) The springs are rusted/...??:confused::confused: I don't get it why. They should have been made from stainless steel. I guess they went cheap.
C)Idea! Observe the first picture really well. Now THIS IS INTERESTING and I don't see it in my other clarinets. There is a small drill hole right under the A key. Look carefully you will see it. It gets plugged when you hit the LA. Interesting. I am wondering what's the effect!:confused:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]49[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by tseligas - March 25th, 2013, 21:24
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by chitowngreek - September 15th, 2013, 18:43
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by tseligas - September 16th, 2013, 17:06
Reviving a Triebert Brevert C LP clarinet - by tseligas - October 27th, 2015, 14:56